Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When one door closes and an internship opens....

If you asked me at the beginning of the summer what I would be doing right now I gurantee my answer would have been 'nothing'. For a long time I awaited the arrival of an internship in my life. As the school days came to close and summer approached I became more and more nervous that I would never see my diploma because I was never going to get an internship and then I could never get a real job and then I would have to live with my parents for the rest of my life!...oh the worries of a college student...



As one door closes, another opens...3 days before graduation I found out that I did not get my dream internship at MS&L (pr agency) in Atlanta. As this door shut firmly in my face, another started to peak open when the HR director contacted me about a possible internship at one of their pro bono clients, a non-profit volunteer agency in Atlanta called Hands On Atlanta. I accepted the invitation and say no more my journey began....



First I had 'mini' interview with the coordinator for the HOA account at MS&L, (not going to lie, it was really great to be back at MS&L, even the front desk man remembered my name! really great people that work there!) then after a wonderful reccomendation from MS&L, I interviewed with Hands On Atlanta. Immediately after interview I was offered the internship. Of course I graiously accepted and was literally jumping for joy at the fact that my summer now had direction to it!



Patience is a virtue my friends and good things come to those that wait....more to come on my exciting internship adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Great story! HOA is a great organization to be affiliated with. We have seen some partnerships with our organization ( Fuller Center) over the years and look forward to doing more with them ( and hopefully, you) in the future.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete